Saturday 20 November 2010

Dip... and Green Heron Revisited

Green Heron.

I headed to Cornwall  on Sunday 7th November and my target was the American Bittern  , well to cut a long rather painful story short , i dipped it !!! it was bad enough for me even though i saw the one at Martin Mere back in the late eighties but that's birding sometimes , I was approx 15 mins from the site when the news came on the pager that despite extensive searching since first light there was no sign of it , damn and blast were just a couple of thoughts that came to mind !!!!! 

I decided to head straight for the Green Heron   , i got to Pentewan and there was no sign of it in the top ponds  , i made my way down to the lower ponds better know as the lost gardens where i came across a couple of birders who had re-located the Heron ,   after a while i was enjoying crippling views of this stunning bird .



Green Heron.


I called into Exminster rspb reserve on the way back but the American golden plover was not present it had relocated to Dawlish Warren and sadly i did not have enough day light left to get there in time , i did add Kingfisher which was a year tick for yours truly plus various waders and wildfowl .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to add a comment on my blog.