Wednesday 13 April 2016

Oare Marshes in the Sunshine

Cetti's Warbler in the paddocks.

I called into Oare yesterday morning the 12th April in the hope of seeing some migrants and the Glossy Ibis which was seen the day before on the West flood.


  i did a scan of the East flood and then made my way towards the paddocks , i heard a Nightingale but couldn't locate it then my attention was drawn to 2 Cetti's Warblers which were very active and one bird in particular was singing out in the open.

Cetti's Warbler.

I  then saw a male Blackcap make a brief appearance .

On route to the sea wall i heard then saw a Sedge Warbler which was my first of the year, several more were heard and seen during the morning.

Sedge Warbler.

I eventually made it to the sea wall and as i was walking along the Glossy Ibis quickly dropped into the flood after being spooked by a Marsh Harrier , it took only a short while for me to locate it walking around the back of the flood however the views were distant and brief so sadly i never managed any photos.

Glossy Ibis at Stodmarsh in 2013.

I spent a good deal of time here but the Glossy Ibis had walked out of sight behind the tall reeds (although it was seen several times later on) , i headed back to the car to go visit another site but not before i was treated to some great views of Bearded Tits near the car park.



Bearded Tit.