Wednesday 28 August 2024

Beavers in Canterbury

                                         

Adult Beaver.

I first heard about the Beaver family in Canterbury a few weeks ago and got some directions from Julian where to look for them(thanks Julian).

On my  first visit  i saw a Kit firstly by the lodge they had made, later in the evening an adult Beaver put in an appearance.

I was really surprised how big the adult was, about 3ft from nose to tail and quite broad bodied.

Adult Beaver having a munch.

There are 2 adults & 3 Kits in this Beaver family and can be located just along the Great Stour from Sainsbury's in Canterbury.



One of the Three Kits.

I met up with some friends on my last visit and they had already seen a Kit before i had arrived and we all enjoyed prolonged views of an Adult Beaver swimming along the river before climbing up & down the river bank.

Lucas managed a video which he has kindly let me use on my blog (thankyou Lucas).

Coming back down river bank. (Video by Lucas)




Here is one of mine of an adult Beaver having a munch.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to add a comment on my blog.