Saturday 19 August 2023

New Bird for my Kent List...........At Last !!!

                                         14th August 2023 ; Isle of Sheppey

                                              Raptor Watch Point at Capel


1st summer Black Stork.

 A Black Stork  had been seen the previous week in the Sandwich area (which i dipped twice) & also seen again flying over my home town on Sunday 13th when i was elsewhere visiting family made me think i am not destined to see this bird.

However that all changed on Monday morning the 14th August as news came through the Black Stork had been seen again at Capel on the Isle of Sheppey !!!!

When it was established it had settled in a cut field i made the decision to head for there thinking that it will no doubt fly off again before i get there !!

I eventually arrived in the Raptor watch point car park where there was only 5 other cars & no birders to be seen , i finally had chance to read my messages and followed the instructions and joined my fellow birders and set my eyes on this wonderful Black Stork !!!

This Black Stork is a very welcome addition to my Kent Bird List.

Here are a selection of photos i took :







Being mobbed

Black Stork.

Many thanks to the farmer who allowed us all unlimited access to view the Black Stork.