Monday 3 March 2014

Dungeness Site Tick.......

Glossy Ibis at Dungeness.

I spent the morning at Dungeness yesterday 2nd March , and was delighted to add Glossy Ibis to my Dungeness patch list which now stands at 228.

Eating a tasty looking worm.

Lovely colours when the light was right.

I also went down to have a look at the " Patch " on the sea front and was rewarded with approx 5 Little Gulls with good numbers of Kittawake keeping them company. From here i then ventured onto the RSPB reserve and added 4 Tree Sparrows on the feeders by the entrance to the reserve and a single Grey Heron was feeding in the nearby flooded marsh.

Winter plumage Black Necked Grebe.

I didn't have much time left to do the whole reserve circuit so i just checked out Burrows pit from the Dennis Hide , first bird that caught my eye was this superb winter plumage Black Necked Grebe which was among a small flock of Tufted Duck .

Love the bright red eye.


Having a snooze along side a female Tufted Duck.

Other birds of note here were Great White Egret , Great Crested Grebe and several duck species and then time had caught up with me and it was time to head home.