Wednesday 5 July 2023

Swallowtail at Bockhill Plus Trip to Godmersham

                                                      15th June :   Bockhill Farm

   

Swallowtail

It's been pretty quiet on the birding front for me over the last couple of weeks however i paid a visit to Bockhill Farm to see the Swallowtail that had been seen there recently.

Here are a selection of photos i took :



Swallowtail.

There were at least 2 Swallowtail's around and i was told they were apparently seen flying in of the sea.


24th June ;  Godmersham 

Death's Head Hawkmoth.

News of a Death's Head Hawkmoth on show in Godmersham had me heading there after a morning patch watching at Oare Marshes.

I called around to Andre Farrar's house and he very kindly showed me this amazing looking moth, 

Also in Andre's garden was a Spotted Flycatcher, Firecrest & a Red Kite drifted over very low.

Many thanks for your hospitality Andre.



Banded Damselfly

I also called into Godmersham village and had a look over the river and saw this delightful Banded Damselfly.

I then had a walk through the village and saw 2 more Spotted Flycatchers

    Spotted Flycatcher