Sunday 21 August 2011

Hoopoe brightens the Day




I headed of to Farthing Downs in Surrey  today and after getting some local information, i arrived on site and within approx 15 minutes i was soon enjoying some stunning views of this really great Hoopoe. Here are some photos i took :





Hoopoe.

I watched the Hoopoe for approx 45 minutes but it was constantly being flushed by dog walkers who didn't seem to care that I was watching it and before i get a load of dog walkers moaning there were several paths they could have used and not make a be line for me , rant over ...

That said it was very enjoyable to watch in glorious sunshine in a meadow filled with flowers and butterflies which were mainly Meadow Brown and Small Heath , it was surprising how easily the Hoopoe almost disappeared in the grass , i did see it raise it crest once which was  a bonus , i have seen many Hoopoe over the years but get the same thrill as if it was my first every time i see one .